Saturday 19 February 2011

DLKW Lowe placement - email confirmation.

Hey Ellie,

Hope you are well. I’m so sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Work is crazy at the moment!

Working with the dates you gave me I can give you two weeks work experience at DLKW Lowe
from Monday 11th April – Thursday 21st April (as Friday is Easter)

In total this is nine days. As suggested you should bring a friend from your coarse so you can do the weeks together.

The first week you be in the creative department. You will be set a creative advertising brief. This may be Print TV, POS or media neutral. You will work with my department who will arrange your briefing co-ordinate creative reviews with the creative director for you.

You will be expected to present your idea in this meeting with the CD and talk through all your ideas. He will then give you some direction and you can go away and development your route and review with him again towards the end of the week.
You will sit in the creative department with your friend and have a company PC each to work from.

From Monday the 18th you will be in our Design Studio The Composing Room
(they are on the 2nd floor but still part of our company)

You will both have Mac’s here with in-design, illustrator and Photoshop for you to use.
You will be set an assignment by our head of type and our head of digital design. Again you can use these people to ask advice and learn about the kind of briefs you receive as a designer and all the things that effect your output. Like brand guidelines and timings as well as influences from Art directors.

Also while up here I’m hoping you can spend some time working with Steve Brown who is learning HTML 5 and also Glenn our
hi-end retouching and CGI artist.

I’m hoping that will give you a good enough understanding so I can confidently place you in some other companies throughout the summer if I can work it out.

Let me know your thoughts and if that all sounds ok for you.

If yes, please send me through your full name and address along with your selected friends details so I can get everything into place.

If you are worried or concerned about any of the above, just email me back or call me and we’ll chat.

Nx

Natalie Winford, Creative Services Director
60 Sloane Avenue, London SW3 3XB
www.dlkwlowe.com
Direct: (020) 7894 5243 Agency: (020) 7584 5033

No comments:

Post a Comment