Monday 21 March 2011

Freelance designer - Tom Lacey

Tom Lacey is a Brighton-based designer who does work for different bands and companies. His work is strongly illustrative and original. I can immediately recognise his work when it appears. 

"Hey there, my name's Tom Lacey and I'm an illustrator and designer, although that covers a lot of ground. 

I love working with people from little projects to grander things, a mix of both keeps me pretty happy. 

Drop me an email if you're interested in some artwork, always happy to hear from new people: 
thomasedwardlacey@hotmail.co.uk.

I sell some of my posters here: 
tomlaceyartdesign.bigcartel.com

and finally have more of a portfolio here:
http://cargocollective.com/tomlaceyart "

And a Merry Christmas to you all, in the most sinister way possible x 
Christmas Card

Just some online stuff, pass it round though folks! 

Gig poster

Horrors that you’ve seen album cover, probably tweak-age ensues the second I post stuff. 

'Horrors That You've Seen' album cover

3 colour print on white, hopefully we’ll get this baby out, even if not my vector skills took a hammering which is always bloody helpful.
Kate Nash tour poster

On sale tomorrow in Aberdeen only folks! 50 copies to celebrate the release of the superb new Xcerts album ‘Scatterbrain’. First drawing ever done in illustrator too. InDesign next!
His first work on Illustrator - An exclusive poster for The Xcerts

Will be on sale at the Ghost 1000/ Lavotchkin Edinburgh show in October, going to do maybe 30 of these, A2 height, 1/2 width one colour. Check me out with my vector magic, Illustrator scares the shit out of me but it’s cool what you can do with it. 
A gig poster for his band 'The Ghost of a Thousand'



His business cards

His work has always inspired me, he was one of the designers that made me want to do graphic design as a degree/profession. 
He works from home, as his main job, until now has been focussed on his band. He has designed all the designs for merch, web and posters for the band. 
It has been amazing to be able to see him develop as a designer over the years that I've known him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment