Saturday 26 March 2011

Pierrick Jegou

During my chat with John, while he was showing me these websites, I found the perfect piece of design to explain what I was trying to show him that I was interested in. 
It is by a French designer called Pierrick Jegou. 
It is the combination of type and image that I really admire about this piece of work. The beauty and simplicity of the photograph, put into context by the subtle text "why don't I just fly?"... with a line drawing of a paper plane. 
It is obviously a very personal piece.

POURQUOI NE PAS
M'ENVOLER


Avril 2010
Initiative personnelle.


These are a few other pieces of work by him.

A festival poster 


Wedding design


Another personal poster


I think it is his combination of type and image which captivates me. I truly haven't seen design that I have liked this much in a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment