Sunday 18 October 2009

Alphabet soup 2 - For a partner - Evaluation on the re-visited typeface

Partner - Chris Anderson

Which personality traits did you choose to respond to and apply to the typeface?
I chose to use the fact that Chris wanted to dress up as a cowboy at a fancy-dress party. I feel this also communicate his fun and childish sides (which he also described himself as).

What are the reasons behind the design decisions you have made for the typeface?
Whilst looking into different aspects of the cowboy theme... I discovered there were so many different visuals i could incorporate into the designs... I didn't want to throw in the kitchen sink if you will... i thought that using ropes to form the letters was an effective and simple way to portray this. I then decided to add frays into the ropes to add a bit more detail.

In what ways are the results effective?
I think they effectively show what I am trying to portray... the letterforms are clearly created out of frayed ropes.

If I had more time to re-create this typeface I would definitely have looked into different ways of using the ropes to create the letterforms... maybe use the lassoo idea? maybe incorporate more of a Western feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment