Thursday 22 October 2009

Alphabet soup 2 - For a partner - Self-Evaluation

Overall I feel that this has been my least successful brief overall.
The fact that I got ill for the first week did not help matters and made me rush my final idea and produce something that was not only ineffective and didn't follow the brief properly but that I was not proud of as a designer.
I would have liked to carry the dubstep idea a lot further and investigate many different ways which i could manipulate the existing typeface to make it look like it belonged on a dubstep poster/flyer.
After my unsucessful final crit i decided to completely re-think my idea... and decided to go off on a tangent with the cowboy idea and found this much easier to work with... and looked a lot more successful as a result.
I spent a lot of time experimenting with different things surrounding the cowboy and western theme... with stirrups and cowboy print, spurs and ropes... and the most successful result was the rope idea, using the frays as serifs.
Now this idea I felt worked a lot more and I felt better about myself as a designer with this as a result. The idea needs to be re-produced and a lot more work to make it look perfect but I definitely feel this goes with the brief a lot better.
Its fun and about cowboys at the same time... which really communicates Chris... now i just have to produce the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment