Sunday 17 April 2011

DLKW Lowe - And so a week is done - Evaluation

I have to say that this week has been far more enjoyable and informative than I ever thought possible. I think there is an underlying stigma on our course surrounding the advertising industry that gave me a slight worry, maybe even subconscious, that this might not be what I was expecting, even that I may hate it. So much is graphic design part of my life now that I didn't think this could live up. But it did, it surpassed my expectations in every way possible.
The office itself is such a vibrant hub of creativeness that you cannot help but love it. I have not met one person all week who hasn't smiled when they met us, and expressed the fact that we can ask them at any point about any part of their job. Everyone was so incredibly welcoming and smiley that it gave the place a lovely atmosphere, even though there were hundreds of people working in one space, everyone seemed to get on. Working hard but enjoying it at the same time, having a laugh with colleagues and creating some really high-end advertising. 
Natalie, the creative services director has been a complete gem. Even though she has a team of about 50 people working under her, has always come up and checked we were alright, keeping us busy and asking us to show her our work, urging us to ask any questions we needed. She organised framestore and the grand central studio visits. 
Richard and Remco have both been brilliant as well. Constantly giving us feedback on our ideas. Sending us e-mails of work in context and ways of helping our development. 
I have learnt more in this week than I ever thought I could. How the industry works and how this specific agency work as a whole.
I have also really enjoyed working in partnership with Sadie. We get on well, and also work really well as a team. Bouncing ideas off each other, open about our concerns and both very enthusiastic, wanting to please but also very keen to get our ideas and views across. 
Bring on week 2 up in the studio!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment